The Green Built NC Program encompass all aspects of environmental design and construction including:
- Site and Landscape: healthy outdoors by using erosion control and saving existing trees
- Water Efficiency: lower water bills by using high efficiency irrigation and plumbing fixtures
- Building Envelope: lower utility bills by using high efficiency windows and insulation
- Heating and Cooling Systems: higher comfort with efficiency equipment and sealed air ducts
- Appliances and Lighting: lower utility bills by using Energy Star appliances and lighting
- Indoor Air Quality: a healthy interior with non-toxic finishes and minimizing moisture
- Materials: a low maintenance home using durable, local, and recycled content materials
- Marketing Assistance: Green Built NC helps builders market the value of high performance homes. Certified green homes are proven to sell faster and hold their value longer in todays market.
- All builders are eligible to sign up and market themselves as RESNET Energy Smart Builders. To learn more visit the RESNET Energy Smart Builder Program Website.
- Technical Assistance and Design Reviews: support for specific questions and advise along the way
- Third Party Verification: reassures the home owners that your homes are reviewed by an independent team of high performance building professionals
- Fewer Call Backs: homes with third party verification often receive fewer call backs
- Environmental and Economic Value: the Green Built NC Program provides tools so that your company can be a part of supporting a healthy community and a cleaner environment
- Permit fee rebates from the City of Asheville and Black Mountain.
- Rebates from Progress Energy for qualifying homes.
Home Owner Benefits
- Lower Energy Bills: through energy efficient lighting, equipment, and appliances
- Healthier and Comfortable Indoor Environment: consistent temperatures and reduced risks
- Increased Market Value: higher resale value of a home
- Financial Tax Incentives: state and federal tax credits for renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Performance Report: third party verification quantifying the home's overall energy score, annual energy cost savings, and pollution prevention
- Reduced air pollution through energy efficiency
For more information or to register with the Green Built NC Program contact:
WNC Green Building Council